31 March 2007


One of the hardest things about moving has been the loss of close girlfriends. I'm not one of those girls who has always had a posse of friends, just one or two with whom I can share some of my deeper thoughts. I have not given “friendship development” the highest prayer devotion. I mean I have had my hands full this past year with nurturing my husband and children in this new life in Nebraska and praying for more relationships to commit time and energy to has not been a priority. I have reminded myself the Lord provides friendships and the precious ones He has provided have been gifts. God has placed two ladies in my life that I have felt a connection with and I have the privilege of having them over for tea this week. I am praying that our time of fellowship would be an encouragement to each other.

I so enjoy inviting people into my home. I like providing a comfortable environment, an attentive ear and delicious brewed tea for my family or special guest. However, one hurdle that has made hospitality non existent since our move has been CHAOS. I have not been able to get myself and family into a rhythm so that there is peace and order in my home...until recently. With the help of Flylady and Dr. Randy Carlson I am back on track, so to speak. I tend to procrastinate and mis-priortize my days, leaving those I care about most (and myself) with little of my genuine attention or time. Both Marla Cilley and Randy Carlson have used the power of the media (radio, internet, publishing) to help people like me lead focused, productive, God-honoring lives.

By following routines and living an intentional life there is peace in my heart and home. My eyes focus on Christ and not on the CHAOS that is around me. So this week as I invite my new friends into my clean, orderly home I am thankful for the ministries of Marla and Randy, for their devotion and love of the Lord and others. I am able to focus on my guest, not on clutter.

If you are like me, "sidetracked Sally", as my dear husband sometimes lovingly calls me, I encourage you to visit Flylady and Randy Carlson’s websites or listen to their radio show. Their encouragement, honesty and wisdom can provide you with the direction and focus you need to grow into the person God has designed you to be.

(Above image from Pottery Barn website)

1 comment:

It's OK to be WEIRD! said...

I LOVE FlyLady! I usually kind of flutter through things because no matter how hard I try routines always seem to get away from me. But her messages (flywashing) are in my head and my heart and I know they make a difference in how I feel about what I'm doing (and not doing).

Praise the Lord that you have peace to invite your newfound friends over. It's SO good to connect with likehearted ladies!