20 April 2006


I wanted to, but I didn't. We just moved to Nebraska and my basement is filled with boxes. Specifically boxes of books. Good books. Like Sense & Sensibility, Core 5 readers from Sonlight, my journals, nursing textbooks. There's at least 20 small boxes of books lovingly packed by the movers just waiting to be liberated from their corrugated jail. Last night I was looking for The Complete Book of Running for Women by Claire Kowalchik...I want/need to get back to running & this book is awesome encouragement. I eagerly ripped the tape off two boxes, briefly poked around and set them aside. I began to eye a third box when common sense took hold and I stopped. It was 2300 at night...I can't run at 0530 if I stay up much later no matter how motivated I am. I briefly calculated the odds of actually finding said book and concluded I had better odds at winning the lottery. So, I packed it in. I did find The Complete Guide to Pilates, Yoga, Meditation and Stress Relief, no doubt a bargain from the Dusty Bookshelf and one of my favorite books Celebrating the Christian Year by Martha Zimmerman. I was content with these two treasures so I lumbered quietly up the stairs looking through the pages. As I slipped under the covers to read, I promised myself I would launch into the rest of the boxes tomorrow.

No comments: