21 April 2006

Lost!!
Well, no I am not currently lost, at least not technically. I walked daughter #2 to school today, much to her glee! She is an outdoors girl and walking to school offers so much adventure, even if it is just a few blocks. My motivation to walk to school is a little more practical...$3/gal gasoline. Can I get an amen, sister?
So, in my sidetracked way of doing things I decide to multitask and call my accountability partner while daughter #3 and I are walking home.
Our conversation is light, yet purposeful. We discuss what is going on in each other's lives, share prayer requests, laugh and admonish one another. Giving full attention to the conversation, I walked and talked and walked and talked right past my home! When I realized what was happening I surveyed the scene. Being new to the area I kind of knew where I was...but I didn't have my van with the compass in it so I needed to stop multitasking (i.e. get off the phone) and focus! Daughter #3 assessed the situation and concluded we were lost. I looked around & figured out where we were which wasn't really too far from home.
I knew how to get home, but something kind of profound hit me. Daughter #3 doesn't have a clue how to get home. She can't read and looks at the world from 36" from the ground besides not having a built in GPS system. I pondered this thought for a minute. I was once in a situation like that--lost. I didn't have a clue how to get home. My directions home came from my loving Father in His written Word. He provided the compass, the GPS system...the way home. Today I am not lost, today I have a Compass that lives within me, thank you Jesus, thank you for leading me home.

4 comments:

Shayne said...

You can get an "amen" from me sister! Great story!

Ellen said...

Hi Ann,
Found you on a random hit through CWO blog ring (I'm on there too -www.mybreathoflife.blogspot.com). I stopped to read because I chose the same template design for my blog and so you look very familiar to me and I thought I'd hit on my own blog! ha! I think you're pretty funny... all this worry about being boring. I think I'm boring too, so don't feel all alone with that thought out here in blog world! P.S. We have 3 grandkids living in Omaha, NB. Well, onward to read what everyone else has to say....
See you again one of these days. Bless you,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

How beautifully said...Jesus is our compass! :)

I just found your blog and it's VERY interesting...if you stop by mine anytime soon...you'll see my kids in the adventure of planting their very first vegetable garden and hopefully in a few days I'll be able to post them planting their own flowers too!!! LOL
Hope that you can find the time to come by my blog site and please post a comment when you do...I like for those who visit my site to let me know they've been there (you will need to 1. register (FREE), on the right side of my site before you post...this is just to make your visits more personalized, etc. and then 2. click "Leave Your Comments" back at the regular part of my site on any comments that interests you, and then 3. "Post Reply" once the comments page comes up and type your comment).

I'll try to visit your site regularly and hope that you visit mine as well! God Bless!

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I also found you randomly through CWO! Fabulous post- good way to look at being lost! What we do do without our Compass? ;) Have a fabulous evening and God Bless!